- Piezo operation
- AGA (The Australian Gas Association) approved to the latest Australian standards
- Adjustable thermostat to respond to high ambient temperatures and varied use
- Flame current meter monitors gas ignition
- Easy-to-clean, durable white, powder-coated shelves
- Includes two ice trays
- Contemporary design with ergonomic controls and latch.
- Easy to operate manual controls
- Adjustable, removable shelves and door bins
- Manual change over between gas and electric
- Easy reversible, self latching door opens 150 degrees
- Fruit/vegetable crisper
- Two ice trays
- Integral rear cooling fan to aid performance
- Travel catch
- Bottle holder
- Rated for tropical conditions
- No compressor, quiet as a whisper
- High-quality cooling unit, first-class cooling performance
- Easy-to-clean, durable shelves
- Extensively tested, three year warranty
- CFC-free & AGA approved to the latest Australia standards
Thetford_Fridge Brochure_AUS 3.3 MB
Is it okay to defrost my fridge/freezer using a hair dryer, heat gun or boiling water?
No, the sudden change in temperature will cause the inner surface of the fridge/freezer to distort. This will not be covered under warranty.
How long is my warranty on my Thetford refrigerator?
All Thetford products come with a 3 year warranty, so does your Fridge.
At my travel destination, my refrigerator does not operate very well. What could be the problem?
When your refrigerator does not operate properly, please check:
– Whether your caravan is level in both directions (lengthwise + widthwise).
– Whether the ventilation openings of the cooling system at the back of the refrigerator are blocked.
My fridge shows fault #18.
When a fridge is first switched on the entire display will light up. This should only last for a few seconds.
My blue fault flashes on the display.
The blue LED is a fault diagnosis tool. It should be accompanied by a ‘spanner’ symbol and a number. Please refer to owner’s manual for a list of diagnostic codes.
Where can I find out the model of my refrigerator?
Inside right hand side wall of the refrigerator.
Am I, as a private individual, able to purchase a Thetford refrigerator?
Yes. Since 2006, several Thetford refrigerator models are for sale at many Thetford points of sale. You are also able to order a Thetford refrigerator through your selected point of sale, just make sure that it is installed by an official Thetford Service Agent.
Where can I buy Thetford spare parts and accessories?
Spares are available from your local dealer or service centre (for the closest dealer or service centre, use the dealer locator button at our website).
Why can’t I hear the refrigerator operating?
3 Way absorption refrigerators have no compressor, therefore they run silently. This makes Thetford 3 Way Fridges the perfect solution for your RV!
Who do I contact if I am experiencing problems with my refrigerator?
Check our Dealer locator for the closest Service Agent or call our Service Department on +61 (0)3 9358 0700
When operating on gas do I need my caravan or motor home to be level?
Yes, this is a critical detail to ensure the refrigerator operates correctly.
Maintenance tips for your refrigerator
Regular maintenance is necessary to ensure the correct functioning of your Thetford refrigerator.
Tip! A good time to clean your refrigerator is straight after you have defrosted it.
- Clean the refrigerator with a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- Dust the refrigerator with a soft, moistened cloth.
- Use a brush or soft cloth once a year to remove any dust from the condenser at the inside of the refrigerator.
Important! Do not use soap or aggressive detergents that are abrasive or soda-based. The removable interior components of the refrigerator are not dishwasher safe.
Defrosting! Frost will gradually build up on the condenser of the refrigerator. You should defrost the refrigerator as soon as the frost layer is about 3 mm thick. Frost reduces the refrigerating capacity and life of your refrigerator.
- Remove the ice cube tray and all food.
- Switch off the refrigerator.
- Leave the refrigerator door open.
- Place dry towels in the refrigerator to absorb the water.
- Place trays containing hot water in the freezer compartment.
- After defrosting (when the freezer compartment and condenser are frost-free), remove the towels and the water trays and use a cloth to dry off the refrigerator.
- Switch the refrigerator on again.
Important! Do not use force or sharp objects to remove frost. Do not try to accelerate defrosting by using a hairdryer for example.
Door locking mechanism! If the door is not closed properly, frost will form in the refrigerator. Close the door with a piece of paper between the door and the refrigerator, to determine whether the door closes properly. Pull at the piece of paper. If you feel resistance, the refrigerator door closes properly. If you feel no resistance, the door does not close properly. Perform this test regularly on all four sides of the refrigerator door. If you find that the door does not close properly, check whether the door locking mechanism keeps the door properly shut.